Mitigating IT Staff Turnover in DC Organizations
Despite the high pay and talent nurturing found across the tech industry, it’s nearly impossible to avoid the job-hopping nature of IT staff turnover.
Even if you’re using deal sweeteners to attract top tech talent and fill openings for IT staff resignation, retaining IT talent is difficult. Employee retention in the tech world is difficult because of the fierce competition for top talent.
However, that doesn’t mean your business should be stuck because employees are jumping ship. You can change your IT processes to be less dependent on employee institutional knowledge.
Your organization can switch strategies to keep operations running smoothly even in the face of a high volume of resignations. One of the viable strategies to mitigate the resignations of IT staff problems is outsourcing your IT tasks.
The big question, however, is:
How Exactly Does Outsourcing IT Support Help Organizations Manage IT Staff Turnover?
At its core, outsourcing your IT processes allows your employees to shift focus from time-consuming IT tasks to more strategic activities.
The IT company saves your business from repeatedly spending time and money training new employees on routine tasks. More importantly, the tight IT company will offer reliable IT solutions.
Let’s examine ways that outsourcing IT services helps manage IT staff resignations in detail.
1. Presents Experienced IT Talent Without the Need to Train
After the resignation of an IT staff member, your organization is responsible for finding a replacement to drive innovation and business transformation.
You can choose to hire a new employee, but you’ll go through the problem of:
- Identifying the right talent
- Training the candidate to align with your business operations
- Retaining the talent from the cut-throat competition
Outsourcing your organization’s IT tasks can save you a lot of trouble. Instead of spending time and resources on identifying your next IT talent, a third-party IT company offers access to expert talent.
The vendor you’re outsourcing to most likely has dealt with the IT tasks you want to handle, so you’ll skip the training part. It isn’t difficult to find a competent vendor that can handle nearly all your IT projects in mind.
In fact, you’ll find experts with in-depth, detailed knowledge that your initial IT staff couldn’t match because third-party IT companies know how to handle a wide range of tactics.
2. Saves Money on Costs Related to IT Staff Resignation
IT staff turnover costs organizations. The costs include:
- Decrease in productivity because you’ll have fewer team members to keep your organization functional
- Financial costs of recruiting and training new IT staff to replace those that have resigned
- Risking downtime
- Other employee morale drop
Outsourcing your IT service support in DC will kick in to help you address all these costs.
An IT company will protect your organization from productivity loss. IT service vendor presents tech talent that fits the gap resignation leaves. That way, your remaining staff doesn’t get overwhelmed with IT tasks, or operations aren’t crippled because of IT problems.
What’s more, outsourcing your IT tasks eliminates the cost and money you’d spend on recruiting and training new employees on routine tasks.
Outsourcing IT tasks is a more affordable way to handle business IT needs. According to a recent survey, you can reduce IT costs by 60% outsourcing. You can save your time and resources on other essential matters to grow your business.
3. Reliable IT Team Regardless of Seasons of The Year
Since vulnerabilities can stem from anywhere on your system, any time, you cannot afford any compromises with your security initiative. Depending on IT employees gets unreliable because of the large volume of resignations.
Outsourcing promises better reliability.
For instance, you get:
- 365/24/7 IT support, ensuring the continuity of your business even during the holidays
- Active network monitoring for notification of unusual active
- Proactive cyber security support to protect you from cyber attacks
- Disaster recovery and business continuity consulting and services
- Continuous hardware and software upgrade
- Remote work solutions
- Hardware recommendation and upgrade to ensure you’re operating at your peak
You get time, efficiency, and performance reliability from one vendor, which is nearly impossible to get from an employee. Such reliability ensures you have a control process in place to make output consistent.
In case of minor IT problems, the team will quickly fix them at an effective cost.
4. Better Workload Management
Outsourcing your IT tasks can help manage the imbalance the high resignation cause.
When facing IT staff turnover, your organization has a gap to fill. Otherwise, your team member may end up overwhelmed with the unmanageable workload.
- Fixing random tech issues that, if left, could grow and spread to become an organization-wide problem
- Helping your team control extensive inventories of connected devices and equipment
- Fix problems that none of your staff have the expertise to advertise
Relieving the workload from your internal team leaves them with more time to address what matters most to the organization. More importantly, better workload management in an organization increases productivity, reduces employee stress at work, improves worker fulfillment.
5. Access to Unlimited Pool of Skills
Unlike getting one employee to handle one task and another for a different task, outsourcing gives you access to nearly all the IT skills your business can want. Outsourcing lets you tap into a variety of skills like:
- Analytical abilities
- Digital business analysis
- Digital design and data digitalization
- Digital project management
- Digital product management
Hiring employees for each technical skill would cost your organization a fortune. However, outsourcing brings you nearly all the skills you might need at affordable prices.
Intelice Solutions Will Help Your DC Organization Deal with the IT Staff Turnover Problem
No question, tech helps organizations to achieve their goals.
The large volume of resignations in the IT department threatens to paralyze business operations and cripple productivity. Outsourcing part or all of your IT tasks to Intelice Solution can help you deal with IT staff turnover. We will:
- Readily fill–in the skills gap that IT staff resignation has created so that your organization’s IT needs aren’t compromised
- Save you the costs accompanying resignation by providing you with an already-experienced talent so that you don’t spend time and money training and recruiting an employee
- Offer your reliable IT solutions in terms of time-wise, efficiency, and performance to ensure your business continuity and productivity
- Help you with workload management by shouldering IT tasks your team has problem handling so that they can focus on what they do best
Contact us today to discuss how we can help your DC organization deal with the IT staff turnover problem.
Thanks to our colleagues at Velocity IT, a Dallas IT company for their help with this article.